January 1, 2022
Happy New Year, Holly Springs!
The Holly Springs Food Cupboard wishes you and your family a Happy New Year. We hope your 2022 is filled with joy and blessings. As we prepare to open the Cupboard after the holidays on Monday, Jan. 3, we are looking forward to another year helping local people in need of food assistance.
While looking forward, it’s almost impossible not to look back over the last year and remember how blessed we are for such a supportive community. The service the Cupboard provides is possible because of everyone who gives food, money and time to the Cupboard. From a tremendously bountiful garden harvest providing fresh produce to clients to a Thanksgiving meal distribution to a record 278 households, despite the continued influence of COVID on Cupboard operations, and because of our generous volunteers and community, the service provided to our community continues to expand.
Thank you for continuing to help make our service possible.
December at the Cupboard
December was bustling at the Food Cupboard with lots and lots of donations! Thank you so much to everyone who helped make a difference in the community last month! Pictured below are some of those donors including: Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston, Sunset Ridge North, Sherri Reed and 12 Oaks, Tapline Growler, Chris Edwards and Jerry Gruebel representing the Holly Springs Rotary Club, Primrose School Holly Grove, Fidelity Bank and Nash Atkins State Farm Insurance. Thank you!
Volunteers harvested a record 2,819 pounds of fruits and vegetables from the Holly Springs Food Cupboard gardens this year! Thanks to all our volunteers who made this possible! All of the fresh fruit and vegetables were distributed weekly to our clients just a few hours after harvest.
While garden work hours are limited during the winter, our next scheduled workday is Saturday, Jan. 15. Interested in volunteering? Contact Food Cupboard Garden Director Jerry DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer sign-up list. Weekly workdays and more regular hours are planned to resume in February 2022.
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. The Holly Springs Food Cupboard is here to help. Food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Most needed items:
- Dried beans
How to Get Food to the Cupboard
The Cupboard can receive donated food on:
- Preferred hours: Mondays 9-11 a.m.
- Also: Thursdays noon-5 p.m.
Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
If you have food that you want to deliver at other times, you can take it to one of our community drop-off sites listed below. If necessary, we can arrange a time for a pick-up. Please do not leave food outside the Cupboard.
Community Drop-Off Sites
- The Block on Main, Corner of Main Street and Rogers Street
- First Flight Federal Credit Union, Village Walk Drive
- Holly Springs Farmers Market, West Ballentine Street
- Holly Springs Town Hall, Main Street
- Pet Mania, Sunset Lake Road
- Sunrise United Methodist Church, 5420 Sunset Lake Road
- Sweet Berry Bowls, 150 W Holly Springs Road
- Wake FC, Ting Park
More Ways to Give
- PayPal: Support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard when you shop online with PayPal. Set us as your favorite charity, and you can choose to donate $1 when you checkout with PayPal. Click here visit PayPal and save the Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your favorite charity. This allows you to conveniently support us at checkout and other donation opportunities.
- Amazon: Enjoy online shopping? Use this link to set up AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
- If you’re using the Amazon app, select the main menu, select “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features, and select “Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your charity. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
- Email us for the fastest response time.
- Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Subscribe to this e-newsletter.
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.