March 1, 2022
WRAL TV Highlights TAPRoots Work in Holly Springs Food Cupboard Garden
Through their work at the Cupboard, these volunteer gardeners help feed others in the community and refuse to let a brain injury condition called Aphasia to define them.
Are You Able to Deliver Food to Local People in Need of Assistance on Thursday Afternoons?
We’re looking for a few more volunteers to help deliver food to local clients on Thursday afternoons.
While most of our clients receive food during the weekly drive-through distributions at the Cupboard, some of our clients are unable to drive. For clients who are senior citizens, have compromised health or are without means of transportation, the Cupboard delivers food to their homes.
Are you able to deliver food to a few homes on Thursday afternoons? Want more info about joining our team? Please reach out to Holly Springs Food Cupboard Secretary Cariann Colman or call the Cupboard at (919) 577-2210.
February at the Cupboard
Interested in volunteering in the Holly Springs Food Cupboard garden? Consider dropping by Saturdays between 9-11 a.m. and stay as long as you like. All ages are welcome, and we try to find fun tasks for younger children. Bring gloves and a drink; no need to bring any tools.
Last year, volunteers harvested more than 2,819 pounds of fresh, nutritious produce for Cupboard clients from the garden! Thank you, volunteers! We appreciate you!
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. The Holly Springs Food Cupboard is here to help. Food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Most needed items:
- Jelly or honey
- Saltine crackers
- Dry beans
- Cracker sandwich packs
- Basic toiletries
- Laundry detergent
- Large reusable grocery bags
How to Get Food to the Cupboard
The Cupboard can receive donated food on:
- Preferred hours: Mondays 9-11 a.m.
- Also: Thursdays noon-5 p.m.
Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
If you have food that you want to deliver at other times, you can take it to one of our community drop-off sites listed below. If necessary, we can arrange a time for a pick-up. Please do not leave food outside the Cupboard.
Community Drop-Off Sites
- The Block on Main, Corner of Main Street and Rogers Street
- First Flight Federal Credit Union, Village Walk Drive
- Holly Springs Farmers Market, West Ballentine Street
- Holly Springs Town Hall, Main Street
- Pet Mania, Sunset Lake Road
- Sunrise United Methodist Church, 5420 Sunset Lake Road
- Sweet Berry Bowls, 150 W Holly Springs Road
- Wake FC, Ting Park
More Ways to Give
- PayPal: Support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard when you shop online with PayPal. Set us as your favorite charity, and you can choose to donate $1 when you checkout with PayPal. Click here visit PayPal and save the Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your favorite charity. This allows you to conveniently support us at checkout and other donation opportunities.
- Amazon: Enjoy online shopping? Use this link to set up AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
- If you’re using the Amazon app, select the main menu, select “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features, and select “Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your charity. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
- Email us for the fastest response time.
- Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Subscribe to this e-newsletter.
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.