Thank You, Garden Volunteers!
A big thanks to all the garden volunteers who have endured some hot weather in order to keep our garden watered, weeded, and productive this season. We now have harvested about 750 lbs of vegetables this season and we still have plenty of okra, tomatoes and peppers yet to gather in the coming weeks. Then, we will start to put in our Fall garden crops. All fruits and vegetables harvested from our garden are distributed to families each Thursday afternoon starting within three hours of harvest. It can’t get any fresher!
Behind the scenes of a Thursday distribution
Many aspects of Cupboard operations have changed due to COVID-19.
- Thursday food distributions are a drive-through operation, and we deliver food to the doors of senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation.
- Distribution of track out bags with kid-friendly snacks and foods to families with school-age children is up, as is the number of clients we serve.
- We’re also purchasing more food due to the closure of places where we usually collect food donations and food supply shortages that linger still.
But while many things have changed, our commitment to serving people in need and the generosity of our community and volunteers remains steadfast.
Thank you for everything you do to support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard and ensure people in need receive food.
Below are some recent photos behind the scenes, inside the Cupboard, as we prepare for a Thursday food distribution.
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. These are unprecedented circumstances, and we are here to help. Drive-through food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Thank you! The Food Cupboard is able to receive food on Mondays, 9-11 a.m. (this is our preferred time) and Thursdays, noon-5 p.m. Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
Most needed items:
- Small boxes of raisins and small pop-top cans of meat (Vienna sausages, chicken, tuna) for track out bags
- Sides (boxed potatoes, flavored rice or pasta packets, stuffing mix, hamburger helper)
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.