…is to provide supplemental food and referral assistance to those in need in the Holly Springs Community.
2021 at a Glance
546 unique families served (27% increase over 2019 and 7% decrease from 2020)
51 weekly food distributions (54 distributions counting Thanksgiving)
278 Thanksgiving meals distributed (9% increase over 2020)
100% volunteer staff
11,429 volunteer hours in 2021 (22% increase over 2020)
Bags and Boxes Out the Door:
- 2,771 families receiving food at distributions (20% increase over 2019 and 7% decrease from 2020)
- 577 of these were delivered by volunteers (21% of distributions)
- 2,365 student bags with kid-friendly food and snacks distributed (10% increase over 2020)
- 145,983 pounds of food received from food drives, individuals and organizations (5% increase over 2020).
- 9,047 pounds of this was received at drop off sites (18% increase over 2020).
- 102,784.4 pounds of food donated through food recovery programs (2% decrease from 2020).
- 15,969 pounds of food received at no cost from the Food Bank of CENC.
- 2,818.7 pounds of organic produce harvested from our garden (117% increase over 2020).
A young unemployed father caring for two babies on his own says, “Thank You.”
An intergenerational family of 10 living together because it’s their only option to make ends meet says, “Thank You.”
A woman so grateful that a volunteer delivered her food because she is on oxygen and can’t get to the Cupboard says, “Thank You.”
An amazed mom who embraces a birthday cake for her daughter’s special day says, “Thank You.”
An excited child taking home her very own used book to read says, “Thank You.”
A tearful mother of 4 who lives in a nice neighborhood and has never had to ask for help before – until her husband left taking all their money – says, “Thank You.”
A grandmother raising her grandchildren and needs extra food and diapers says, “Thank You.”
A woman selecting fresh produce exclaiming, “Coming here is like Christmas!” says, “Thank You.”
Help us help others.
“I invite you to join us – sorting food, filling bags, carrying bags, working in the garden, organizing food drives, transporting food, raising funds to pay the bills … There are so many ways to help. I can’t promise that it will be easy – but I do promise you’ll be blessed.”Pat Haggard
Executive Director, Holly Springs Food Cupboard