We are very grateful for our food recovery partners, who help supply food for clients in need
Food recovery is the process of salvaging food from places like grocery stores, farms and restaurants that would otherwise be thrown away, then distributing it to food pantries and similar programs. The “recovered” food is safe, nutritious, and just as tasty but would be discarded, often because of how it looks (such as limp or bruised produce), overstocking or it is past its “sell by” date (such as day-old bread). Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, estimates that 108 billion pounds of food is wasted annually in the US; 61% of that, or 66 billion pounds, is commercial food waste.
The Cupboard has several local Food Recovery Partners. The donations include items such as meats, produce, deli foods, and baked goods. The following is a list of our food recovery partners. If you can, please stop in to say hello and see what they have to offer. Tell them the Cupboard sent you!
- Butcher’s Market – 4200 Lassiter Rd, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Chick-fil-A – 801 Village Walk Dr. Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Food Lion – 2 locations: 517 N Main St. Holly Springs, NC 27540 ; 8745 Holly Springs Rd. Apex, NC 27539
- Holly Springs Farmer’s Market – W. Ballentine St. outside the Cultural Center, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Lowes Food #207 – 112 Bass Lake Road, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Olive Garden – 107 Grand Hill Place, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Papa John’s #4960 – 130 West Holly Springs Road, Unit 101, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Pizza Hut – 321 N. Main St. Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Sheetz #659 – 1100 Avent Ferry Road, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Starbucks – 3460 Kildare Farm Rd, Cary, NC