July 1, 2022
Thank you so much to all the individuals, neighborhoods, businesses, and groups that have hosted a food drive this summer! The need for non-perishable food donations remains high, so if you haven’t already and would like to host a food drive, it would be very much appreciated.
How to Help
- Please contact the Cupboard’s Food Drive Director Lesa O’Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, express your interest via our online form.
- Let us know your group’s name and what month you’d like to adopt for hosting your food drive. We’ll be in touch to answer any questions you have and to arrange a time for you to drop off donations.
- Visit our website to learn more tips about how to organize a food drive, pack donations for expedited sorting, and more.
Why food donations are needed now:
- Empty shelves: Traditionally, during the months of November and December alone, the Holly Springs Food Cupboard receives 46% of its food donations for the year! It’s an amazing outpouring of support, and we are thankful. Now that we are a half year from the holidays, we are in need of additional non-perishable food donations.
- Increased need: With inflation sharply rising, food, gas, and clothing – all the necessities of life – now cost significantly more than last year. The number of families the Holly Springs Food Cupboard serves seems to be increasing every month. This is on top of the 20% increase in demand we’ve seen since the beginning of the COVID pandemic. The need for food assistance in our community is rising.
Thank you for considering helping by holding a food drive. Hunger doesn’t take a vacation.
Holly Springs Farmers Market Food Drive
Saturday, July 2, 8 a.m.-noon
Outside Holly Springs Cultural Center
300 W Ballentine Street
The Holly Springs Farmers Market is amazing! Bring non-perishable foods to the market outside the Cultural Center on W Ballentine Street this Saturday, July 2, 8 a.m.-noon and receive a free market tote bag from Fritz & Wilson Orthodontics!
Bradley’s Yoga & Fitness Offers Free Yoga Class for Food Donation
Saturday, July 16, 9 a.m. | 121 Quantum Drive
Bradley’s Yoga & Fitness invites the community to bring a non-perishable food donation to the studio Saturday, July 16 and stay for a free yoga class at 9 a.m.!
The studio is hosting a food drive leading up to the class at their location at 121 Quantum Drive near downtown Holly Springs. The free yoga class is open to all levels and will be taught by studio owner Randi Bradley. Crossfit HSP also is participating in the drive! Thank you to all!
Come to the Ballgame!
Jacobs/Fujifilm Game Day at the Salamanders Benefits Food Cupboard
Wednesday, July 27, 7 p.m. | Ting Stadium
Summer is the perfect time to take the whole family out to the ballpark! Bring non-perishable food donations for the Holly Springs Food Cupboard to Ting Stadium as part of a game-day initiative by Jacobs, the engineering and construction management company working to build the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies plant in Holly Springs. Jacobs and Fujifilm are sponsoring the game day as the Holly Springs Salamanders take on the Wilson Tobs.
As part of the activities planned, stop by the Food Cupboard table inside the gate to drop off food and find out how the Cupboard benefits our community. So come out to cheer on the Salamanders, enjoy a summer evening with your family or friends, and support your local Food Cupboard. Summer and baseball – the perfect combination!
Niche Wine Lounge Musical Tribute to John Prine Benefits Holly Springs Food Cupboard
Live music event Sunday, July 31, 6 p.m.
Donations accepted July 19-31
Niche Wine Lounge | 109 Main Street, Downtown Holly Springs
Niche Wine Lounge invites community members to enjoy a delicious beverage while listening to a musical tribute to country-folk singer-songwriter John Prine. Bring food or monetary donations to benefit the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
Donate Blood & $20 Will Be Donated to Cupboard
Donate blood and raise money for the Holly Springs Food Cupboard Sunday, July 17 during a blood drive at Sunrise United Methodist Church. For every blood donor, a $20 donation will be made to the Cupboard! Register in advance.