May 30, 2021
Thank you to all who currently serve and who have served in our nation’s armed forces.
Around the Cupboard During May
Pictured above are some of the groups that brought donations this month to the Cupboard. These include teachers from Holly Ridge Elementary School, the ladies from Orpah Court, National Charity League, Girl Scout Daisy Troop 2270 and Pine Springs Prep. Thank you!
John and Jack (pictured below) helped with food deliveries to Holly Springs Food Cupboard client families. Thank you so much!
Thank you, Holly Springs Farmers Market!
Many thanks to the Holly Springs Famers Market, which serves as a food donation drop-off site every Saturday, 8 a.m.-noon on West Ballentine Street beside the Cultural Center. There, shoppers enjoy more than 30 vendors, live music and more. Click here to learn more information about the market.
Around the Garden
Thank you to the many local volunteers who help grow food for Cupboard clients in the garden. Interested in helping out? Contact Food Cupboard Garden Director Jerry DeWitt at email@example.com to be added to the volunteer sign-up list.
Available work days are generally on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Interested volunteers may select the day/time that best meets their schedules. Instructions will be given to volunteers, but on-site supervision generally will not be provided.
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. These are unprecedented circumstances, and we are here to help. Drive-through food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Thank you! We are able to receive food on Mondays, 9-11 a.m. (this is our preferred time) and Thursdays, noon-5 p.m. Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
Most needed items:
- 16-ounce jars of peanut butter
- Boxes of mac & cheese
More Ways to Give
- Support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard when you shop online with PayPal. Set us as your favorite charity, and you can choose to donate $1 when you checkout with PayPal. Click here visit PayPal and save the Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your favorite charity. This allows you to conveniently support us at checkout and other donation opportunities.
- Enjoy online shopping? Use this link to set up AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
- If you’re using the Amazon app, select the main menu, select “AmazoneSmile” within Programs & Features, and select “Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your charity. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazoneSmile in the mobile app.
- Email us for the fastest response time.
- Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Subscribe to this e-newsletter.
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.