November 1, 2021
Grateful for our Supportive Community
Thanksgiving Meals to be Donated for Local Families in Need
Thanks to so many members of our amazing community who have committed to donating Thanksgiving meal packages for local families in need! Thanks to you, the Holly Springs Food Cupboard will more than meet our goal for serving 255+ families this year. We are so grateful!
Holly Springs Run Club’s Unofficial Turkey Trot to Benefit Cupboard
Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 25, 7:30 a.m.
Many thanks to Julie Jones and the Holly Springs Run Club (HSRC) for organizing the 5th Annual HSRC Unofficial Turkey Trot 5k! The run starts at 7:30 a.m. Thanksgiving morning at Holly Ridge Elementary and follows the Derek Davis Memorial 5k Run course through the Sunset Ridge neighborhood.
A donation is not required to run, but optional cash or checks made out to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard are accepted at the event. There is no registration to participate in this fun, informal community run.
Grapes, Grains & Giving – Save the Date!
Friday, Dec. 3 at 12 Oaks
The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce is hosting Grapes, Grains & Giving Dec. 3 at 12 Oaks. The evening of wine and beer sampling, mixing, mingling and fundraising is benefitting the Holly Springs Food Cupboard. Details on tickets, auction donations and sponsorship information will be shared soon by the Chamber.
October Activity at the Cupboard
October was an active month at the Holly Springs Food Cupboard. Thanks to our generous community for all the food donations, including food drives by Holly Grove Middle School, Lily Chapter of the National Charity League, Woodcreek neighbors and Bombshell Beer Company’s Late Bloomers event. DS Smith donated 500 cardboard trays for dry food storage, also.
The Holly Springs Police Cadets are organizing a food drive through Friday, Nov. 12. Donations are accepted at the Law Enforcement Center, 750 Holly Springs Rd., as well as at the Holly Springs Food Lion on N. Main St. and at Fuquay-Varina High School.
Bless Your Heart Boutique is serving as a collection site for the Holly Springs Food Cupboard during the entire month of November. Drop by the downtown boutique in Town Hall Commons at 242 S. Main St., Ste. 106!
Last month, the Holly Springs Garden Club donated a beautiful fountain to the Food Cupboard in memory of Garden Club member Mike Flatley. Family members attended the dedication ceremony at the annual Garden Club / Food Cupboard Board picnic. The fountain will provide water for bees, pollinators, and butterflies as it welcomes volunteers to our gardens.
Thanks to the many individuals and groups, including Compass Cares (Compass Real Estate) for the volunteer work completed in the garden during October.
Work in and around the Holly Springs Food Cupboard garden continues over the fall/winter months, thanks to the help of numerous volunteers. Interested in volunteering? Contact Food Cupboard Garden Director Jerry DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer sign-up list.
New Garden Hours: As we enter the fall and winter months, our scheduled work days are now generally only on Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. when the weather is not too cold or wet. We will return to weekday workdays and more regular hours in February 2022.
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. The Holly Springs Food Cupboard is here to help. Food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Thank you! We are able to receive food on Mondays, 9-11 a.m. (this is our preferred time) and Thursdays, noon-5 p.m. Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
Most needed items:
- Canned fruit
- Canned meats
- Canned vegetables
- Small packs of raisins
- Mac n cheese cups
- Fruit cups
How to Get Food to the Cupboard
The Cupboard can receive donated food on:Preferred hours: Mondays 9-11 a.m. Also: Thursdays noon-5 p.m.
If you have food that you want to deliver at other times, you can take it to one of our community drop-off sites listed below. If necessary, we can arrange a time for a pick-up. Please do not leave food outside the Cupboard.
Community Drop-Off Sites
- The Block on Main, Corner of Main Street and Rogers Street
- First Flight Federal Credit Union, Village Walk Drive
- Holly Springs Farmers Market, West Ballentine Street
- Holly Springs Town Hall, Main Street
- Pet Mania, Sunset Lake Road
- Sunrise United Methodist Church, 5420 Sunset Lake Road
- Sweet Berry Bowls, 150 W Holly Springs Road
- Wake FC, Ting Park
More Ways to Give
- Support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard when you shop online with PayPal. Set us as your favorite charity, and you can choose to donate $1 when you checkout with PayPal. Click here visit PayPal and save the Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your favorite charity. This allows you to conveniently support us at checkout and other donation opportunities.
- Enjoy online shopping? Use this link to set up AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
- If you’re using the Amazon app, select the main menu, select “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features, and select “Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your charity. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
- Email us for the fastest response time.
- Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Subscribe to this e-newsletter.
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.