October 1, 2021
On Sunday afternoon, Nov. 21, the Holly Springs Food Cupboard will be providing Thanksgiving dinner meal supplies to about 250 families in need of food assistance. Please consider helping make this possible by supplying a family’s meal package.
For each family meal package place the following items inside a small box:
- 1 large package stuffing mix
- 1 box mashed potatoes
- 1 dry box dinner roll mix or cornbread mix
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1 box pie pastry mix
- 1 can pie fruit filling
- 2 cans vegetables (some favorites are green beans, corn, peas)
- 1 large can sweet potatoes
- 1 bag (3 pounds) of onions
- 1 bag (3 pounds) of apples or oranges
Place the following items in a plastic bag:
- 1-pound butter or margarine
- 1 dozen eggs
- How many meal packages you plan to donate
- Your group name
- A phone # for a contact person
- Your expected delivery date or if you need a pickup
Bring your completed meal package(s) to the Cupboard:
- Monday, Nov. 15 from 9-11 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 18 from noon-2 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 20 from 9:30 a.m.-noon.
Turkeys are being ordered for 250 families. Thanks for considering donating meal package(s) to go with them.
September Activity at the Cupboard
September 17 was Hunger Action Day, and our volunteers wore orange to raise awareness about the challenges facing many people in our community.
Many thanks to AJ Gilbert, who made and sold tie dye shirts, donating a portion of the proceeds to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard!
A big thank you to Brynn from Girl Scout Troop 364 who recently completed a Silver Award project for the Food Cupboard. She researched and designed a simple brochure and accompanying PowerPoint on growing selected vegetables in containers and small spaces.
The Holly Springs Food Cupboard garden continues to produce, thanks to the help of numerous volunteers. Interested in volunteering? Contact Food Cupboard Garden Director Jerry DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer sign-up list.
Available work days are generally on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Interested volunteers may select the day/time that best meets their schedules. Instructions will be given to volunteers, but on-site supervision generally will not be provided.
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. The Holly Springs Food Cupboard is here to help. Food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Thank you! We are able to receive food on Mondays, 9-11 a.m. (this is our preferred time) and Thursdays, noon-5 p.m. Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
Most needed items:
- Peanut butter
- Small pop-top canned meats
- Fruit cups
How to Get Food to the Cupboard
The Cupboard can receive donated food on:
Preferred hours: Mondays 9-11 a.m.
Also: Thursdays noon-5 p.m.
If you have food that you want to deliver at other times, you can take it to one of our community drop-off sites listed below. If necessary, we can arrange a time for a pick-up. Please do not leave food outside the Cupboard.
Community Drop-Off Sites
Holly Springs Town Hall, Main Street
Sunrise United Methodist Church, 5420 Sunset Lake Road
First Flight Federal Credit Union, Village Walk Drive
Holly Springs Farmers Market, West Ballentine Street
Pet Mania, Sunset Lake Road
Sweet Berry Bowls, 150 W Holly Springs Road
Wake FC, Ting Park
More Ways to Give
- Support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard when you shop online with PayPal. Set us as your favorite charity, and you can choose to donate $1 when you checkout with PayPal. Click here visit PayPal and save the Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your favorite charity. This allows you to conveniently support us at checkout and other donation opportunities.
- Enjoy online shopping? Use this link to set up AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
- If you’re using the Amazon app, select the main menu, select “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features, and select “Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your charity. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
- Email us for the fastest response time.
- Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Subscribe to this e-newsletter.
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.