September 1, 2021
August Activity at the Cupboard
Thanks to the many volunteers who helped provide food to local people in need last month. Food drives and donations came in from a number of groups and individuals, including Home Spire Mortgage, On-Running and Pace Yourself Run Co, Nick Cox and Cub Scout Pac 356.
Below, Mothers and daughters from the National Charity League Lily Chapter freshened up the Little Library outside the Holly Springs Food Cupboard and volunteered in the garden, harvesting produce, weeding, transplanting, and more.
This year’s garden harvest now exceeds 2,300 pounds, thanks to the many volunteers helping grow fresh produce for clients!
Interested in helping out? Contact Food Cupboard Garden Director Jerry DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer sign-up list.
Available work days are generally on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Interested volunteers may select the day/time that best meets their schedules. Instructions will be given to volunteers, but on-site supervision generally will not be provided.
Do you need food assistance? Know someone who does?
Please visit us. The Holly Springs Food Cupboard is here to help. Food distribution is every Thursday, 2-5 p.m. Deliveries are available to senior citizens and persons with compromised health or without transportation. Click here for more information.
Thank you! We are able to receive food on Mondays, 9-11 a.m. (this is our preferred time) and Thursdays, noon-5 p.m. Place donations on our delivery dock on the side of our facility and knock to allow for safe distancing. Or, give us a call and we can meet you to pick up food from your neighborhood.
Most needed items:
- Peanut butter
- Small pop-top canned meats
- Fruit cups
More Ways to Give
- Support the Holly Springs Food Cupboard when you shop online with PayPal. Set us as your favorite charity, and you can choose to donate $1 when you checkout with PayPal. Click here visit PayPal and save the Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your favorite charity. This allows you to conveniently support us at checkout and other donation opportunities.
- Enjoy online shopping? Use this link to set up AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Holly Springs Food Cupboard.
- If you’re using the Amazon app, select the main menu, select “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features, and select “Holly Springs Food Cupboard as your charity. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
- Email us for the fastest response time.
- Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Subscribe to this e-newsletter.
Thank you, again, to our dedicated volunteers and generous community for making everything we do possible.